Friday, December 23, 2005

Wait... Let me explain...

The back cover of this episode consists of two images on colour newsprint. The first image is of a character I drew several years ago, "Moon Man," (inspired by a character from the Clive Barker movie Nightbreed...) retouched with a felt pen (because the original drawing is very old and the print out of the scan was lighter than I thought a standard photocopier could accurately pick up.) The bottom image is a photo of a fire hydrant that I took this summer while walking with my kids. Inspired by the touch up of Moon Man, I thought it might be fun to touch up the hydrant, too... I think it looks pretty cool... (Almost like a Ralph Bakshi image.)

This whole "touching up" thing has been an interesting experiment for me. I'll probably try it again in the next episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home