Friday, December 23, 2005

Children Exploited for Labour Purposes!!!!

I tricked my kids into providing the centerfold for this episode. The first image, drawn in crayon, is by my daughter Frankie (12 years old) and is sweet and colourful (with Ellie's picture upside-down at the top.) Frankie is into animals, has a pro-education message, and an interesting slogun at the bottom of her picture: "I like to act upon what I draw." Great stuff.

The next image shows my 8 year old's picture right-side-up (while Frankie has been flipped over... but you'll probably notice this as soon as you see the picture.) Ellie is into minimalism. Black ink; interesting cartoon images; a ghostly, partial door; a cigarette floating off the ground (she once told me that this means the cigarette has been dropped and is falling towards the ground); and the enigmatic vocalization "Hey you" coming from the character nearest the cigarette. Also a great picture.

What I think I like most about this centerfold is that the Phantom Conversation is now a family project. (And I didn't have to come up with anything MYSELF for these two pages! I should take advantage of kid labour more often!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Great centerfold! Your kids have obviously inherited your artistic gene. We try to get our son Archie to work for us but now hes a teenager its a lot harder! Nice project you have going there and i will try to take part sometime.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home